- About Us
- Medical Departments
- Cardiac Sciences
- Neuro Psychiatry
- General Medicine
- Endocrinology & Diabetology
- Respiratory Medicine
- Desun-Onco Care
- General & Laparoscopic Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Transplant Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- 24 hr Ambulance Services
- Admission without deposit money
- 24 hr Specialist Doctors
- 1 Ventilator with each ICU Bed
- 24 hr Burns Unit
- 24 hr Diagnostics
- 24 hr Pharmacy
- Quick Contact
- World Class Services
- Rated as India's Best
- Specialty Lab
- Steel OT
- Critical Care Emergency
- Space Age Capsule
- Luxury Hospital
- Low Cost Bypass
- ENT Vestibular Lab
- DESUN Photo Card
- International Care
- Surgery Packages
- Health Checks
- List of DESUN Health Checks
- Speciality of DESUN Health Checks
- What are Health Check-ups
- Health check up FAQ
Knee Replacement Package Starting at Rs.65,000 for General Bed Category
- 8 Days Hospital Stay
- Medicines, Consumables, Disposables & Investigations Related to the Procedure / Package
- Doctor Team Fees
- Operation Theatre Charges
Does not include
- Cost of the Knee(Implant)
(Knee implant cost is to be charged at actuals as applicable)
- Bed Charges Beyond 8 Days
- Treatment of illness / Health Condition Not Directly Related to the Procedure / Package
Accommodation for “Out Station” Patient Party
For patients coming from far away districts, other states & outside India we can help you in finding accommodation of accompanying patient parties at Guest House/ Hotels near the hospital.CONTACTEmail : firstname.lastname@example.org (24 Hours)
Or Call : (+91) 86977 21124, (+91) 83340 31345 (Mon - Sat, 10am - 6pm)
knee replacement surgery in Desun Hospital Kolkata
The Department of Orthopaedics at DESUN offers the latest orthopaedic treatments and surgical techniques. Team DESUN performs surgical procedures which include the recent arthroscopic and reconstructive techniques, including major joint replacements.
Knee Replacement is currently the most successful and reliable orthopaedic operation with 97% of patients reporting improved outcome. DESUN on a regular basis performs Knee Replacement surgeries at a cost which is lowest in Kolkata. DESUN has the top rated knee replacement surgeon performing this surgery at an affordable rates.
What is a Knee Replacement?
Knee Replacement, is a surgical procedure in which the diseased parts of the Knee joint are removed and replaced with new, artificial parts. The goals of knee replacement surgery include increasing mobility, improving the function of the knee, and relieving the pain.
When should I have Knee Replacement Surgery?
People with Knee joint damage that causes pain and interferes with daily activities despite treatment may be candidates for Knee replacement surgery. Osteoarthiritis is the most common cause of this type of damage. Other conditions, such as Rheumatoid Arthiritis (a chronic inflammatory disease that causes joint pain, stiffness, and swelling), osteonecrosis (or avascular necrosis, which is the death of bone caused by insufficient blood supply), injury, fracture, and bone tumors also may lead to breakdown of the knee joint and the need for knee replacement surgery.
Why do people have Knee Replacement Surgery?
For the majority of people who have knee replacement surgery, the procedure results in:
- Relief from pain
- Increased mobility
- Improvements in activities of daily living
- Improved quality of life
What can be expected immediately after Surgery?
You will be allowed only limited movement immediately after the replacement surgery.
How long does the procedure last and the time to recover?
Usually, the entire procedure takes approximately 2 hours and full recovery from the surgery takes about 3 months.
- BY CASH OR CREDIT / DEBIT CARD.
- THROUGH INSTALMENT SCHEME: DESUN has ushered in a new era of affordability in medical treatment by offering instalment payment option to eligible persons for all types of planned surgeries and packages. Normally surgery estimates or packages ranging up to Rs. 5 lacs are covered by DESUN’s equal monthly instalment scheme – EMI.
For those who do not have the full money for the package or those who have the money but do not want to spend the entire amount towards the package avail DESUN’s instalment scheme. You do not need to run around very much as DESUN processes the necessary papers speedily. This instalment scheme has saved many lives.
To know more about DESUN Installment Scheme click here
Why Patients like DESUN?
Rated as one of India’s best hospitals
- a) For excellence in quality of medical treatment and hospital services DESUN is the youngest hospital in India to get the prestigious National Accreditation Board for Hospitals (NABH) accreditation from Government of India. World over NABH is considered equivalent to JCAHO (Joint Commission for American Healthcare Organizations) or JCI (Joint Commission International) - the standards followed in US for hospital accreditation. Of more than 1000 hospitals in India who have applied for NABH even after 6 years not even 100 hospitals have been able to achieve the high quality standard required to get NABH accreditation.
In the lead story of November 2011 issue of National News Magazine THE WEEK “India’s Best Hospitals” were covered based on an All India Survey. DESUN Hospital was included in this prestigious list of “India’s Best Hospitals”.
- For excellence in quality of routine and Superspecialty pathology testing DESUN Pathology lab has also received the prestigious accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Laboratories (NABL). In Eastern India only DESUN pathology lab has in-house facilities to perform superspecialty pathology tests like PCR, Flow Cytometry, etc. This benefits DESUN’s patients tremendously and there is practically no waiting time for getting test results when compared to other hospitals in Kolkata who have to send these tests to Mumbai or Delhi and wait for 3 / 4 days for get test results. Thus there is no delay in diagnosis and therefore, prompt and accurate treatment for DESUN’s patients.
Ranked on Top by both West Bengal and Central Government
- There are only 7 hospitals in West Bengal considered by West Bengal Government as “Class 1 Hospital Service Providers” under the West Bengal Health Scheme – WBHS. DESUN is the first name in this list.
- There are more than 100 hospitals in Eastern India empanelled by Central Government under Central Government Health Scheme – CGHS. Of these 100 only 2 hospitals have been able to qualify the high standards and have, therefore, been able to achieve the status of “Superspecialty Hospital” by CGHS. DESUN is one of the 2 Superspecialty hospitals categorized by CGHS.
Safest Hospital For Any Operation
- 2 of the major fears any surgeon has before any operation is that of OT infection and cardiac, heart complications during or after the operation. If OT infections occur or the patient develops cardiac problems even the best surgeon cannot help you. DESUN is the only hospital in Kolkata having STEEL OPERATION THEATERS (Steel OTs) which drastically reduces chances of OT infection. After the surgery the patient is under the best care of doctors and nurses in the post operative phase at DESUN. Also DESUN has the largest Heart Institute in Kolkata to handle any cardiac emergencies during or after the operation.
Specialist Doctors’ Round The Clock
- With 28 medical departments having in-house specialist doctors any problem during your stay at DESUN can be handled by this specialist doctors’ team 24 hours. You may be admitted for a particular surgery but in the event there are some problems which a specialist needs doctor of another department it is available immediately in-house at DESUN. This facility is often not available at other renowned hospitals.
Worldclass ServicesBest Hospital & Heart Institute, Kolkata, IndiaCopyright © 2012 DESUN HOSPITAL | SEO By MAGIC NINES
- Medical Departments