- About Us
- Medical Departments
- Cardiac Sciences
- Neuro Psychiatry
- General Medicine
- Endocrinology & Diabetology
- Respiratory Medicine
- Desun-Onco Care
- General & Laparoscopic Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Transplant Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- 24 hr Ambulance Services
- Admission without deposit money
- 24 hr Specialist Doctors
- 1 Ventilator with each ICU Bed
- 24 hr Burns Unit
- 24 hr Diagnostics
- 24 hr Pharmacy
- Quick Contact
- World Class Services
- Rated as India's Best
- Specialty Lab
- Steel OT
- Critical Care Emergency
- Space Age Capsule
- Luxury Hospital
- Low Cost Bypass
- ENT Vestibular Lab
- DESUN Photo Card
- International Care
- Surgery Packages
Permanent Pacemaker Package Starting at Rs.25,000 for General Bed Category
- 3 Days Hospital Stay
- Medicines, Consumables, Disposables & Investigations Related to the Procedure / Package
- Doctor Team Fees
- Operation Theatre Charges
Does not include:
- Cost of pacemaker(The cost of Pacemaker to be charged at actual as applicable)
- Bed Charges Beyond 3 Days
- Treatment of illness / Health Condition Not Directly Related to the Procedure / Package
Accommodation for “Out Station” Patient Party
For patients coming from far away districts, other states & outside India we can help you in finding accommodation of accompanying patient parties at Guest House/ Hotels near the hospital.CONTACTEmail : firstname.lastname@example.org (24 Hours)
Or Call : (+91) 86977 21124, (+91) 83340 31345 (Mon - Sat, 10am - 6pm)
Pacemaker price in Desun Hospital Kolkata
What is a Pacemaker ?
It is a small unit that helps your heart beat more regularly. It does this with a small electric stimulation that helps control your heartbeat. Your doctor implants the machine under the skin on your chest, just under your collarbone. It is hooked up to your heart with tiny wires.
You may need one to keep your heart beating properly. This helps your body to get the blood, oxygen and food that it needs. Some people just need a pacemaker for a short time (like after a heart attack) and may use a kind that’s outside the skin. The battery unit for this type can be worn on a belt.
Why would I need one?
- Your heart beats too slow or too fast.
- There’s a block in your heart’s electrical pathways.
How does it work?
- A pacemaker uses batteries to send electric signals to your heart to help it pump the right way.
- It is connected to your heart by one or more wires. Tiny electric charges that you can’t feel move through the wire to your heart.
- It works only when needed. They go on when your heartbeat is too slow, too fast or irregular.
How do I live with my pacemaker?
- Check your pulse and keep a record of it the way your doctor tells you.
- Your doctor will check your pacemaker every three to six months. The battery in your pacemaker should last eight years or longer. When the battery runs down, you will need surgery to replace it (free lifetime warranty is given by the manufacturer).
- Take your medicine the way your doctors tell you.
- Tell your doctor if you have trouble in breathing, if you gain weight or get puffy legs or ankles, or if you faint, black out or get dizzy.
- Follow all doctors’ instructions and keep your appointments.
- Carry an I.D. card with you so others know you have a pacemaker.
- Tell your other doctors and your dentist that you have a pacemaker. Certain types of medical equipment may affect how a pacemaker works.
- Tell airport security that you have a pacemaker.
- Household microwaves, electric appliances, most office and light shop equipment will NOT affect your pacemaker.
- If you work around industrial microwaves, electricity, cars or other large motors, ask your doctor about possible effects.
Can I use a mobile phone if I have a pacemaker?
You can use a cell phone, if you take these steps:
- Hold the phone to the ear on the side of your body opposite from your pacemaker.
- When your phone is on, try to keep it at least six inches away from your pacemaker. For example,Don’t carry your phone in your chest pocket over your pacemaker.
- BY CASH OR CREDIT / DEBIT CARD.
- THROUGH INSTALMENT SCHEME: DESUN has ushered in a new era of affordability in medical treatment by offering instalment payment option to eligible persons for all types of planned surgeries and packages. Normally surgery estimates or packages ranging up to Rs. 5 lacs are covered by DESUN’s equal monthly instalment scheme – EMI.
For those who do not have the full money for the package or those who have the money but do not want to spend the entire amount towards the package avail DESUN’s instalment scheme. You do not need to run around very much as DESUN processes the necessary papers speedily. This instalment scheme has saved many lives.
To know more about DESUN Installment Scheme click here
Why Patients like DESUN?
Rated as one of India’s best hospitals
- a) For excellence in quality of medical treatment and hospital services DESUN is the youngest hospital in India to get the prestigious National Accreditation Board for Hospitals (NABH) accreditation from Government of India. World over NABH is considered equivalent to JCAHO (Joint Commission for American Healthcare Organizations) or JCI (Joint Commission International) - the standards followed in US for hospital accreditation. Of more than 1000 hospitals in India who have applied for NABH even after 6 years not even 100 hospitals have been able to achieve the high quality standard required to get NABH accreditation.
In the lead story of November 2011 issue of National News Magazine THE WEEK “India’s Best Hospitals” were covered based on an All India Survey. DESUN Hospital was included in this prestigious list of “India’s Best Hospitals”.
- For excellence in quality of routine and Superspecialty pathology testing DESUN Pathology lab has also received the prestigious accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Laboratories (NABL). In Eastern India only DESUN pathology lab has in-house facilities to perform superspecialty pathology tests like PCR, Flow Cytometry, etc. This benefits DESUN’s patients tremendously and there is practically no waiting time for getting test results when compared to other hospitals in Kolkata who have to send these tests to Mumbai or Delhi and wait for 3 / 4 days for get test results. Thus there is no delay in diagnosis and therefore, prompt and accurate treatment for DESUN’s patients.
Ranked on Top by both West Bengal and Central Government
- There are only 7 hospitals in West Bengal considered by West Bengal Government as “Class 1 Hospital Service Providers” under the West Bengal Health Scheme – WBHS. DESUN is the first name in this list.
- There are more than 100 hospitals in Eastern India empanelled by Central Government under Central Government Health Scheme – CGHS. Of these 100 only 2 hospitals have been able to qualify the high standards and have, therefore, been able to achieve the status of “Superspecialty Hospital” by CGHS. DESUN is one of the 2 Superspecialty hospitals categorized by CGHS.
Safest Hospital For Any Operation
- 2 of the major fears any surgeon has before any operation is that of OT infection and cardiac, heart complications during or after the operation. If OT infections occur or the patient develops cardiac problems even the best surgeon cannot help you. DESUN is the only hospital in Kolkata having STEEL OPERATION THEATERS (Steel OTs) which drastically reduces chances of OT infection. After the surgery the patient is under the best care of doctors and nurses in the post operative phase at DESUN. Also DESUN has the largest Heart Institute in Kolkata to handle any cardiac emergencies during or after the operation.
Specialist Doctors’ Round The Clock
- With 28 medical departments having in-house specialist doctors any problem during your stay at DESUN can be handled by this specialist doctors’ team 24 hours. You may be admitted for a particular surgery but in the event there are some problems which a specialist needs doctor of another department it is available immediately in-house at DESUN. This facility is often not available at other renowned hospitals.
Worldclass ServicesBest Hospital & Heart Institute, Kolkata, IndiaCopyright © 2012 DESUN HOSPITAL | SEO By MAGIC NINES
- Medical Departments