In today’s demanding lifestyle people are too engaged with work and various other responsibilities and there is less time for work out, relaxation and following a healthy lifestyle. This is resulting in high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes and many other such diseases among people; it is not only affecting the older generation but also the young and middle aged people. The number of cases of heart attack and other heart and brain related problems have increased and many people are at risk.
Heart Attack i.e. Myocardial Infarction
When supply of blood to the heart is largely reduced or restricted due to clots or narrowing of the arteries due to plaque the condition may precipitate to a heart attack. It is important to restore normal or adequate blood flow to the heart as soon as possible to prevent damage to the heart muscles and death if not treated properly.
When the heart, all of a sudden stops beating and this result in cutting the flow of blood and oxygen to vital organs in the human body the condition is called cardiac arrest. The beating of the heart needs to be restored immediately with medical intervention orelse death can occur in short time or within few minutes. The chance of death increases by upto 10% with each passing minute the patient not receiving appropriate medical intervention.
When the flow of blood to the brain gets immensely limited , blocked or interrupted for long time for resulting in severe lack of oxygen and nutrients from brain tissues the brain cells starts to die within a few minutes of the stroke.
When the normal or adequate blood flow is restricted for a short time, mini strokes or Transient Ischemic Attacks occurs. People having one of few such mini strokes are more likely to get major strokes in later part of life
Difference in symptoms
Common Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Discomfort in chest area like heaviness, fullness
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Sweating or cold sweating
- Pain radiating towards stomach, jaws, shoulder, neck area and Left arm towards the tip of the middle finger.
- Sudden fatigue. Loss of energy
Common Symptoms of Cardiac Arrest
Cardiac arrest often comes about without warning. Symptoms include:
- Loss or lack of consciousness
- Breathing stops suddenly
- Pulse drops or completely stops
- Cannot feel the Blood Pressure.
People can experience Blackouts, pain in and around chest area, sudden dizziness, fainting, fatigue, rapid palpitations, shortness of breath or nausea or vomiting before cardiac arrest
Common Symptoms of Stroke
- Difficulty in walking and stepping
- Slurring of Speech i. e. Difficulty in speaking, responding and understanding things
- Remembering usual things or recalling regular things may become difficult
- Sudden problem in vision or seeing
- Dizziness and or headache may be severe
- Partial or complete paralysis, lack of response, weakness or numbness on one side of the body or bilateral depending upon the area of the stroke.
- Feeling nausea and vomiting
- Uncontrolled blood pressure
- Less exercise, movement and / or physical activity
- Excess body weight, especially around waist area. Obesity.
- Diabetes or High blood sugar. Low blood sugar levels or hypoglycemia
- High cholesterol levels
- Problems in pumping of blood from heart
- Known case of cardiac arrest or heart attack
- Considerable change in electrolytes
- Pulmonary hypertension
Desun hospital is one of India’s best heart hospital with 24 Hours Emergency Admission Facility backed with a strong ambulance network all over West Bengal that includes Kolkata and districts , Specialist doctors even at midnight, Ventilator in each ICU bed, Steel OTs are in operation even at midnight.
Desun hospital is a NABH accredited hospital and have facility for more than 700 latest surgeries that includes Lima-RimaY , Pacemaker, Heart Bypass, Heart Valve Replacement and procedures like Angioplasty and Angiogram.
The 24 Hours emergency contact is open on all days. Just connect over 86977 21124 , 83340 31345. One can also email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send prescription and / or test documents to get surgery consultation from Desun Hospital expert team.
Desun Hospital has modern infrastructure for preventive cardiac care with team of Cardiologists, Heart Check – up Packages and Life Style Advice facility for people visiting cardiologists or undergoing cardiac check up.
Cardiac Surgeries: http://desunhospital.com/heart-related.php
Preventive Cardiac Care – Heart Check Up Packages: