- Steam inhalation
- Coughing as lung cleaning exercise
One should start sitting on a chair, relax shoulders and then fold arms over stomach, slowly inhale through nose and the exhale and then lean forward pushing the hands against the stomach. Cough 2-3 times slightly open while exhaling and with open mouth. Then slowly inhale through nose. Relax, repeat few times
- Walking, breathing exercises like pranayams ( * consult experts on pranayams) , aerobics, yogasana helps increasing lung capacity
- Natural warm beverages like ginger tea, green tea, lukewarm water, hot soups help to keep lungs clear. Spices like cloves, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, tulsi, pudina, carrot juice, pattsium rich food also helps.
- Foods that reduce inflammation in body include turmeric, ginger, garlic, walnut, cherries, blueberries, green vegetables, beans, lentils, olives. Jaggery , honey, chawanprash also helps to keep lungs and body healthy.
- Warm shower is very helpful
- Food to keep immunity high includes citrus fruits, neem, tulsi, amla, giloy, red bell peppers, broccoli, garlic, ginger, spinach almonds, walnuts, poultry chicken, papaya, sea-fishes, eggs
- Keep home, office and car air-conditioner clean. Keep rooms, offices dust free
- Avoid refrigerated, cold food , ice, water etc
Spread the message and share, stay fit and healthy